Friday

You know there is something to be said for a person who has their head on straight. Unfortunately, if it were said, I probably wouldn't hear it because mine sometimes doesn't seem to be attached to my body. Funny story: Yesterday I called to make an appointment at the Four Seasons Hotel in Georgetown (D.C.) for a facial, massage, mani and ped. Feeling deserving of a little pampering, I thought I'd treat myself to a day at the spa. The Ritz Carlton also came to mind. This This morning once I realized my babysitter (the best mother-in-law in the world) might not be available this afternoon, I called to cancel. Without hesitation I called the Ritz and when I was told they did not have an appointment for me, I began to wonder what was wrong with them. The young lady on the other end of the phone offered to check the other Ritz Hotels nearby. When I realized my mistake, I felt too embarassed to say anything. When my cell phone dropped the call, I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to admit to it but a few minutes later, to my surprise, my phone rang. It was the Spa at the Ritz. The same young lady informed me that she called the Four Seasons and they had me down for 12:30 today and I should expect a call from them shortly to change my appointment.

How about that? You know there's something to say about good customer service too, even if it's not your customer (WE LOVE IT). Well I'm off and running to be refreshed. However, I'm a little disappointed that I had to cancel my manicure and pedicure because the Four Seasons doesn't have spa chairs. I don't know about you but ever since the spa chairs became popular I can't imagine a pedicure without them?

I'll give you my Four Seasons spa rating when I return. Enjoy your day!

No comments: